Achievement Hounds Podcast • View topic - The Future of The Great Random To Do List Challenge?

The Future of The Great Random To Do List Challenge?

The Future of The Great Random To Do List Challenge?

Postby Facial La Fleur » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:49 pm

As anyone that has been paying attention can tell, my heart just hasn't been in it this season and, as a result, I've been an abysmal host. After a lot of thought, I've elected to suspend The Great Random To Do List Challenge indefinitely once this year's iteration wraps up next month. A number of things were factored into this decision, particularly how much participation has dropped off since early in the contest. This is a common and expected trend in such things, however, this year interest seems to be at its lowest. Even the number of entrants was fewer than previous years. This leads me to believe that the way I've designed and evolved the contest hasn't suited your interests. While many of you have remained active during much of the contest, most entrants are more or less missing in action. This is a bit disheartening because of the amount of work that was put in behind the scenes to make this year what I thought would be the best yet. While many of those systems for automation are still in place and fully functioning, there is still a great deal of work that must be done manually to deliver a fun and efficient contest for all of you. I've sort of reached a point where I don't want to put in all this time and effort for something that isn't going anywhere.

In the interim, I'll re-evaluate the format of the contest and determine if there are any ways we can improve it and sustain participation through the whole season. I'm open to suggestions, but am uncertain if and when I will resurrect the contest in its current state. Thanks to everyone that has participated in The Great Random To Do List Challenge these past three years, and a huge thank you to zzUrbanSpaceman for creating all of the technical thingamajigs and offering advice and assistance in the early planning stages of this last season. I sincerely hope it's not the end of the line for us.
Medals: 55
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Broadcaster (1) Artist (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Best in Show (1) Haughty Hound (1) We Bet You're Smiling (1) 3000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) 6 Month Blogger (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) Inquiry (1) Guest Star (1) Community Cast Star (1) Contributor (1) Major Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster CCL (1) Eat, Sleep, Boost, Repeat (1) Had A Lil Help From My Friends (1)
Why Can't I Quit This Game? (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) The Veteran (1) Brick Breaker (1) A Real Hero (1) Love To Swipe (1) Yes, They're Brass (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) A True Jedi (1) PC Master Race (1) Denied (1) Gun Collector (1) Rarefied (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Free Falling (1) Scarred For Life (1) To Do List Participant (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
11 pcs.
68 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
392 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Facial La Fleur

Boosting Coordinator

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 35629
Bank: 364,152.00
United States of America

Re: The Future of The Great Random To Do List Challenge?

Postby Kez001 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:27 am

Thanks for running this thing :D

As much as I enjoy the contest and was REALLY looking forward to my list for this iteration, it feels like it just kept getting pushed to the back burner in favor of other more immediate contests, primarily Assassination. With the exclusions available, this should have been the easiest year so far for someone to actually complete the list, just didn't turn out that way...
Medals: 45
Experienced Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) Amazonian (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Halfway There (1) Fortunate (1) 2000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Gift of Gab (1) The Year In Review (1) Contributor (1) Colonel Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster CL (1) Eat, Sleep, Boost, Repeat (1) Had A Lil Help From My Friends (1) Been there, Done that (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Brick Breaker (1) A Real Hero (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) Bethesdaholic (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1)
All Rounder 2 (1) Nothing Collector (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Viral Games Manager (1) To Do List Participant (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
22 pcs.
182 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
403 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Kez001

Viral Games Manager

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 207785
Bank: 1,412,054.00
United States of America

Postby watty8883 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:13 am

DLC broke it for me. I didn't want to spend hundreds of pounds on games I put to bed a long time ago. The other achievements were far too time consuming or required high patience or luck. There was nothing wrong with the contest organisation, the entrants failed you, that is all. Looking at some people's lists I could have won this if I was in their situation :shock:

Facial rest,regroup and come back with something similar. It was fun.
Medals: 54
Professional Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) Amazonian (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Fortunate (1) 900 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Representative (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Booster XX (1) Okay, Maybe One More... (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) The Veteran (1) BSAA Professional (1) Gat's Protige (1) Brick Breaker (1) You Can't Miss the Bear (1) Playing in the Sandbox (1) Violence in Silence (1) Gem in the Rough (1) Human Polygraph (1) A Real Hero (1)
The Booster Seat (1) Love To Swipe (1) Big Daddy (1) Yes, They're Brass (1) Top 10 (1) Cowboy Up (1) For Albion! (1) Ultimate Badass (1) Bethesdaholic (1) Deja Vu II (1) 60 Xbox One Completions (1) All Rounder 2 (1) Gun Collector (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) AHP Competition Veteran (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Winner (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
122 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
16 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

watty8883
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 65553
Bank: 261,897.00
Great Britain

Postby zzUrbanSpaceman » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:25 am

I'll echo the DLC sentiment. It wasn't an issue for me personally, but I know at least one person in the contest who saw the amount of DLC achievements that came up and it really killed their enthusiasm - mainly because of the strain it would put on their wallet.

That said I think we did some really great work with the exclusions and all the other tweaks to the scanning, and while there's probably some things that I'd improve if it happened again, I certainly don't regret the experience and have always found these contests to be fun.
Medals: 38
Seasoned Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) 1000 posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Booster XXX (1) Monotonous Yet Diverse (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Brick Breaker (1) I've Covered Wars, You Know (1) Playing in the Sandbox (1) Human Polygraph (1) The Booster Seat (1) Top 10 (1) All Rounder 1 (1) Denied (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1)
Participation Puppy (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
42 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
102 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

zzUrbanSpaceman
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 75160
Bank: 247,755.00
Australia

Postby ozbundyboy » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:15 am

I lost heart with the contest when I saw that some of the achievements required me to play to far through the game plus real life commitments also got in the way. I like the contest, I think that it would be bettter to break it down into a smaller sized list and the race could be to see who completes the most lists of say 10 or 20 achievements.
Medals: 48
Seasoned Hound (1) Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) Basset Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 4000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Booster CCL (1) Socialite (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Been there, Done that (1)
Brick Breaker (1) For Albion! (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Scarred For Life (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
155 pcs.
453 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

ozbundyboy

Community Manager

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Cash on hand: 177055
Bank: 0.00
Australia

Postby Lord Chabelo » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:50 am

I ended up with a lot of the Halo MCC LASO achievements and that broke my spirit from the beginning. Thanks for putting in the effort in organizing this though.
Medals: 25
Seasoned Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) 400 posts (1) Representative (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Major Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Brick Breaker (1) The Booster Seat (1) Viral Games 2.0 (1) For Albion! (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) All Rounder 2 (1) Denied (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Scarred For Life (1) To Do List Participant (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
28 pcs.
13 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Lord Chabelo
Hound

Status: I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as soon as I could

Cash on hand: 15159
Bank: 120,189.00
United States of America

Postby Freamwhole » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:44 am

Thanks Facial, for all your work on this.

We've been name dropping you a ton on the Zed To Zed Podcast regarding this contest - because its a great concept.

I'd love to take a crack at getting this thing modified and re-launched, because I so look forward to the list generation (only to be crushed when my list sucks).
Living the dream (because I'm always half asleep)
New Hound on the Block (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) Amazonian (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) 2000 Posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Community Cast Star (1) Booster X (1) Boosting Medley (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
58 pcs.
126 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Freamwhole
Top Dawg

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Cash on hand: 9393
Bank: 742,435.00
United States of America

Postby spankynspronkle » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:23 am

I think part of the difficulty is in how you qualify the list that can be drawn from. May be worth exploring how the UHH is being done... where people pick their games and DLC packs they own. That way, everything on your list is fair game and no one can complain about their list having things they don't own...

The biggest issue that's voiced seems to be the re-buying of games or the need for overpriced DLC. However, the only people who can really use that excuse are the people who unlock every achievement except the ones who hit those categories. I think the bigger issue that most people wont admit to is the loss of interest since the prizes don't provide an incentive for people to maintain being active. Maybe a better prize structure would be to offer $5 gift cards at every months check-point instead of a year end big prize? Those MSFT cards keep people competing in all types of things around the site and knowing that progress gets you into 12 different drawings may bring more people out.
Medals: 59
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Halfway There (1) Jackpot (1) Code Cracker (1) 3000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Month Long Informer (1) Intern Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Colonel Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Booster XX (1) Monotonous Yet Diverse (1)
May The Forza Be With You (1) The Booster Seat (1) Love To Swipe (1) First! (1) Deja Vu I (1) 30 Xbox One Completions (1) Denied (1) Eaglemaniac (1) Down, Fido (1) BFF (1) Sandwich Lover (1) Gun Hoarder (1) Points to Burn (1) Nothing Collector (1) The Collector (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Free Falling (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List Participant (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
22 pcs.
120 pcs.
10 pcs.
137 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

spankynspronkle

Community Manager

Cash on hand: 0
Bank: 699,587.00
United States of America

Postby HyruleBalverine » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:22 pm

I also want to start by thanking you for running this contest. It was my first Random To Do List Challenge. To be perfectly honest, I had every intention of working my way through my list as I was very active on the site and with my gaming at the start of this contest. Of course, I had no expectation of meeting an amazing woman who's interest in my (and likewise my interest in her) would make me want to spend less time at homer in front of my TV screen and more time out in the world (mostly with her). Of course, to be fair, there's also some activities or forms of entertainment that can only be experienced with another person. My lack of participation had nothing to do with DLC, etc., though I can understand why some people would take umbrage with it. Much of my online and video gaming activity took a back seat to my new relationship (Viral games, the WAHSH, gaming in general, etc.). As it was stated before, we failed you, not the other way around.
Image Image
Medals: 47
New Hound on the Block (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Amazonian (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Dog didn't eat your homework! (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Jackpot (1) 2000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Gift of Gab (1) The Year In Review (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Philanthropist (1) Colonel Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster L (1) Are We Done Yet? (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) Requiescat In Pace (1)
Brick Breaker (1) Gem in the Rough (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) Deja Vu I (1) All Rounder 1 (1) Denied (1) Nothing Collector (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
18 pcs.
175 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
175 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

HyruleBalverine
Top Dawg

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Cash on hand: 85639
Bank: 558,218.00
Location: Marysville, WA, USA, North America, Sol 3, Sol System, Orion Arm, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy.
United States of America

Postby Facial La Fleur » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:00 pm

We're all failures. :lol:
Medals: 55
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Broadcaster (1) Artist (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Best in Show (1) Haughty Hound (1) We Bet You're Smiling (1) 3000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) 6 Month Blogger (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) Inquiry (1) Guest Star (1) Community Cast Star (1) Contributor (1) Major Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster CCL (1) Eat, Sleep, Boost, Repeat (1) Had A Lil Help From My Friends (1)
Why Can't I Quit This Game? (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) The Veteran (1) Brick Breaker (1) A Real Hero (1) Love To Swipe (1) Yes, They're Brass (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) A True Jedi (1) PC Master Race (1) Denied (1) Gun Collector (1) Rarefied (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Free Falling (1) Scarred For Life (1) To Do List Participant (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
11 pcs.
68 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
392 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Facial La Fleur

Boosting Coordinator

Cash on hand: 35629
Bank: 364,152.00
United States of America

Postby Lord Chabelo » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:36 am

Facial La Fleur wrote:We're all failures. :lol:

This thread should be playing Beck's "Looser" on an endless loop.
Seasoned Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) 400 posts (1) Representative (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Major Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Brick Breaker (1) The Booster Seat (1) Viral Games 2.0 (1) For Albion! (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) All Rounder 2 (1) Denied (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Scarred For Life (1) To Do List Participant (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
28 pcs.
13 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Lord Chabelo
Hound

United States of America

Postby HyruleBalverine » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:54 am

Lord Chabelo wrote:

Speaking of failure... Shouldn't that be "loser"?
Image Image
Medals: 47
New Hound on the Block (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Amazonian (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Dog didn't eat your homework! (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Jackpot (1) 2000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Gift of Gab (1) The Year In Review (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Philanthropist (1) Colonel Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster L (1) Are We Done Yet? (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) Requiescat In Pace (1)
Brick Breaker (1) Gem in the Rough (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) Deja Vu I (1) All Rounder 1 (1) Denied (1) Nothing Collector (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
18 pcs.
175 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
175 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

HyruleBalverine
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 85639
Bank: 558,218.00
Location: Marysville, WA, USA, North America, Sol 3, Sol System, Orion Arm, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy.
United States of America

Postby Lord Chabelo » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:38 pm

HyruleBalverine wrote:
Lord Chabelo wrote:

Speaking of failure... Shouldn't that be "loser"?

My point exactly. Fat finger failure!!!
Virtual Shelf:
28 pcs.
13 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Lord Chabelo
Hound

United States of America

Postby ozbundyboy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:23 pm

In my case, I'm more of a procrastinator. I was going to get around to working on my achievements but got sidetracked by newer shinier ones. lol
Medals: 48
Seasoned Hound (1) Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) Basset Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 4000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Booster CCL (1) Socialite (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Been there, Done that (1)
Brick Breaker (1) For Albion! (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Scarred For Life (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
155 pcs.
453 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

ozbundyboy

Community Manager

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Cash on hand: 177055
Bank: 0.00
Australia

Postby hotcurls3088 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:45 pm

Thanks for contest! I really enjoyed it last year made me work on games that I haven't played in a long time.. My list this year made me lose interest I got Pinball and it made me not to even want to do my list since I couldn't complete it :(
Medals: 8
Seasoned Hound (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1)
Virtual Shelf:
5 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

hotcurls3088
Progeny

Cash on hand: 18825
United States of America

Postby JerithGeros » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:09 am

Thanks for all the work that went into this, Facial. I know I've appreciated the effort... and I enjoyed diving into the list in the beginning of the contest. I essentially just used it as a road-map for which game to complete next, rather than aiming to knock out all the achievements on my list.

Sadly, I ended up getting distracted midway through the year... but it did help put a dent in my completion percentage recovery! If/when another challenge like this is run, I'll definitely be interested!

You're da man now, dawg! :D
Medals: 49
Experienced Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) Amazonian (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Jackpot (1) 1000 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Gift of Gab (1) The Year In Review (1) Representative (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Colonel Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Booster C (1) Okay, Maybe One More... (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Been there, Done that (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) The Veteran (1) BSAA Professional (1) Gat's Protige (1) Brick Breaker (1)
I've Covered Wars, You Know (1) May The Forza Be With You (1) Playing in the Sandbox (1) Violence in Silence (1) Made Man (1) A Real Hero (1) Yes, They're Brass (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) Bethesdaholic (1) Deja Vu I (1) All Rounder 1 (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
27 pcs.
119 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
227 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

JerithGeros
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 531380
United States of America

Postby kbeau73 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:24 am

This was the first year I was involved in this contest and I've really enjoyed it. When I got my list I knew there were some items that I probably wouldn't be able to attain but that was mostly due to the fact that I thought I lacked the skill to obtain them. Some of my items were in the impossible category but realistically I was thinking if I could finish just half my list I would be happy. Like others in this contest I felt like I put less effort into it than I initially planned on. In the last couple of days I've been picking the lower fruit in an effort to knock off some of my items. I think this was a really good contest and to be totally honest, I'm bummed there won't be a 2016 edition but I also understand it at the same time. If there is anything I can do to help with it, please let me know.

One item to note, had I not entered this contest there are many games on my list (backlog) that more than likely would still be sitting at 1%. I was able to almost complete Bioshock, I've completed Dark Souls and made a ton of progress on at lease 5-10 other games so for that I thank you. This contest gave me the motivation I needed to start making some progress on my backlog.
http://casualgaming.forumotion.com
Medals: 14
New Hound on the Block (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) 300 Posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Donor (1) Colonel Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Brick Breaker (1) Participation Puppy (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
21 pcs.
5 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
31 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

kbeau73

Viral Games Manager

Cash on hand: 4081
Bank: 219,219.00
United States of America

Postby nickhawkeye » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:42 am

I would also like to start by saying thank you for everything that you have done for this and everyone involved. i get what you mean with the participation. its hard to explain because I love putting the lists together and the initial blast off but then it does seem to tapper way off maybe like someone suggested spread prizes out a bit or maybe do smaller versions like a 6 month run. I do think part of the fall off is "I have a whole year to get to these" but then smaller competitions pull you away. I know that happened to me a bit, game time was short so I focused on the weekly hunts for a few months, then i tried to complete some of the games on my list and that took another months time with no "list" progress. Also I know i was a little discouraged as I went down my list and one of the DLC's for Angry birds became unlisted a few months in so it was viable when we started but I went to purchase it to finish it and it was not available anymore so I know you did everything you could to eliminate "unobtainables" but they do sour the milk however they happen.

I do think there should be potential with the UHH stuff that was developed on TA, if we can partner with that system then they can keep track of the achievements and it should lift most of the "check-in" burden.

I'm open to discussion and would lend any help that I could but I would love to see this continue in some form or another but I understand your burnout in maintaining this.

Something else that might work is Month long periods of UHH but group setting "To Do List Marathon"
each month 50 achievements are drawn person who completes the most the fastest blah blah but next month, new list. keeps the interest going because the most interesting part is seeing the list and planning your attack. assign point values to the place you finish that month and at the end of the year see who has the most points i.e. 1st = 50 points 2nd= 45 and on down the list or something to that effect, so we still have the long term goal but you get something for staying involved throughout the year.

Looking forward to whatever we can come up with!
Medals: 10
Greyhound (1) Amazonian (1) Literate (1) Community Cast Star (1) Bronze Viral Gamer (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Participation Puppy (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
%s XBox Live Avatar

nickhawkeye
Graduate

Cash on hand: 0
Bank: 92,100.00
United States of America

Postby TheNyghty » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:46 pm

Thank Facial for putting up this contest. A bit bummed out this will not continue, none the less great work running it, will certainly sign up for any future contests of the likes.

Suggestions for maybe a next time, If people could regenerate how many achievements there are left on there list maybe once or twice a year, so people would unlock as many as they can and re-roll the rest, the sooner they re-roll the more time they will have with the new list but won't be able to look back so can be a kind of double-edged sword.

P.S. any DLC was a deal breaker for me I HATE with a passion DLC's from anyone... That's just me but I heard multiple times, "If I added up all the dlc I had to buy it would cost me...." multiple upwards of 75$, so yeah DLC sucks ;)

P.P.S. Anyways good job in all those years, let me know whoever wins my prize money I could paypal it since not in USA can't buy USA currency codes.

Cheers.
Medals: 17
New Hound on the Block (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Representative (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster I (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) All Rounder 1 (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
23 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

TheNyghty
Hound

Cash on hand: 107374
Canada

Postby bigeasy97 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:38 pm

Thanks for running this contest over the course of these last few years. Even though my progress has been relatively minimal over the past couple of iterations of this contest I have always enjoyed the set-up of the contest because it makes me evaluate the games that are within my backlog.

I really think that this contest could simply just use a breather, attempting to give this contest a go year-in-year-out can be a bit of a grind (more so on your part) and by taking a year off than this contest could receive a fresh of breath air from potential participants.

I truly hope that this is not the late installment of this contest and hope to see it return in the future.
Medals: 42
Experienced Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Haughty Hound (1) Halfway There (1) Fortunate (1) 2000 Posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Gift of Gab (1) The Year In Review (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Contributor (1) Major Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster XXX (1) Boosting Medley (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) A Real Hero (1) The Booster Seat (1) Top 10 (1) Deja Vu I (1) 30 Xbox One Completions (1)
All Rounder 2 (1) Denied (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) VIP GoW #100 Winner (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
24 pcs.
116 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
140 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

bigeasy97
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 62003
Bank: 988,832.00
United States of America

Next

Return to Giveaways & Contests