Achievement Hounds Podcast • View topic - Monthly Birthday Gamertag Challenge (meta thread)

Monthly Birthday Gamertag Challenge (meta thread)

Monthly Birthday Gamertag Challenge (meta thread)

Postby zzUrbanSpaceman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:23 pm

Hi,

spankyNspronkle had a neat idea for a contest during his birthday month, and the consensus was that it was such a good idea that it could be run every month! So, that's what I aim to do. :)

Every month, I will select one gamertag of someone whose birthday it is that month. The choice will sometimes be random, sometimes be by request, sometimes I'll just choose one because I feel like it. :lol: I reserve the right to choose a more appropriate gamertag if a gamertag is too short or for some other reason isn't a great choice for the competition.

I would like to offer prizes, but I'll need to work out the details for that before I commit. Each monthly contest might have different prizes available. I'll also be checking if this competition will be eligible for dog bones. Once prizes are finalized, I will follow spanky's lead and offer them in a random drawing on the podcast from the list of eligible competitors. There may also be extra prizes for the first to complete all the letters. Watch this space.

This thread will be a meta-thread, reserved for discussing any rules questions or anything that isn't related to a specific month's competition. If you wish to request a gamertag for a monthly competition, this is the place to do it! If you wish to sign up for a particular month's competition or post your competition progress, this is not the place to do it! Please use the dedicated monthly thread.

Competition:
To qualify for the drawing you must pop at least one achievement in a game whose name begins with each letter of the selected gamertag for that month. For example, zzUrbanSpaceman requires 16 achievements, one for each letter of the gamertag.

As of January 2014, participants in this competition are eligible for Dog Bones.

Rules
  1. To qualify for entry you you must provide information to me in one of two ways: put all the achievements in your trophy case in gamertag order on True Achievements for me to verify and post a link to your profile in that month's thread, or alternatively supply links WITH GAMERID to your achievements you've unlocked. I will periodically verify entries and update the list of entrants in the OP. If I haven't verified you publicly in the thread, assume that I haven't verified you!
  2. Contest runs from midnight GMT on the 1st of the month until midnight GMT on the last of the month. I chose GMT because this is the timezone the True Achievements servers runs on (helps with verification), and is relatively central to most members timezones.
  3. You must be a member of the forum. Obviously, you all see this and are members, but if you share with friends outside of the site, they must join to participate! Forum tenure will not generally be a barrier for entry.
  4. You must use different games. No doubling up on the S’s, P’s or N’s, etc. However, stacks work so you can play the same game on 2 different platforms. (Note extra rules below for multiple gamertag months).
  5. The name of the achievement does NOT need to begin with one of the listed letters. Only the game name matters.
  6. All achievements must be unlocked online for date verification.
  7. The official name on TrueAcheivements.com is the guideline. Unlike spanky's competition, games that begin with the words "The", "A" or "An" will ignore this word and use the next word instead.
    Examples: "A World of Keflings" would qualify for the letter W, not the letter A; "The Orange Box" would qualify as "O" and not "T".
    The rationale behind this is simple: A and T are overrepresented in game titles, and skipping the "common articles" gives more scope for some of the other, trickier letters.
  8. Non-alphanumeric characters in a gamertag will be ignored. This means that hyphens, underscores, spaces or any other non-alphabet or numeric character is simply ignored.
  9. Numbers in a gamertag have special rules. As there simply isn't enough coverage of games beginning with numbers to make it viable using the normal rules, instead, for every digit in a gamertag you need to find a game that has ANY NUMBER in the title somewhere.
    Example: If Eliteedawg420 were the gamertag for the month, for each of the numbers 4, 2 and 0 you would need unlock an achievement in games such as "11 Eyes Cross Over", "50 Cent: Blood on the Sand", "FIFA 14" or even "Dead of Alive 5".

• You may not use the "8" from games with "(Win 8)" appended to the title on True Achievements; this is not considered part of the game title.
    • Roman numerals do not count as digits.
  10. Let me know if your gamer tag is different from your forum name. YOU MUST USE YOUR MAIN TAG. Anyone found to have created an alternate tag will have both their main tag and any alternates permanently banned from this contest.
  11. If you have somehow completed every single game to 100% for a particular letter, send me a PM and after verification you be able to skip that letter. Well done you!
  12. This should go without saying, but no game saving or cheating of any form. Anyone caught doing this will be permanently banned from this contest.
  13. Xbox One app achievements may be used for this contest.
  14. Xbox One challenges are not valid for this contest.
  15. MULTIPLE GAMERTAGS: If there are multiple gamertags for a particular month, the following rules apply:
    • Completing extra gamertags beyond the first will give you an extra entry into the draw per gamertag completed.
    • No achievement may be shared across gamertags, however GAMES may be shared. In other words, you can unlock two achievements in the same game and use each achievement for different gamertags.
  16. LETTER SUBSTITUTION: The letters E, I, J, O, Q, U, V, X, Y, and Z are the lowest frequency letters, individually representing less than 2% of all game titles available. Players may substitute these letters, and only these letters, with any other letter as long as that game used to unlock that letter hasn't already been used within the same tag. Using substitution has a cost.
    • If a player enters the competition without using substitutions they get 10 entries in the draw, for that tag.
    • If a player enters the competition and uses a substitution, they get 1 entry in the draw, for that tag.
    • A player may "upgrade" their entry to a full one later if they can fulfill the criteria

Example on How to Qualify:
Using the gamertag "spankyNspronkle" as an example, unlock a single achievement in each of these games:

Sleeping Dogs
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Alan Wake
NCAA Football 11
Kinect Adventures
Yaris
NHL 07
Spartacus Legends
Pictionary: Ultimate Edition
Rock Band 3
Omerta: City of Gangsters
Naruto: Rise of Ninja
Kinect Fun Labs: Bobblehead
Left 4 Dead 2
Eragon

Monthly Competition Gamertags

When they are available, links to the dedicated monthly thread will also be here.

October, 2013: zzUrbanSpaceman -> dedicated thread
November, 2013: EliteEdawg420 -> dedicated thread
December, 2013: chupamama -> dedicated thread
January, 2014: Smeddum07 -> dedicated thread
February, 2014: dvdmanpa, LSC MrSandman, Skoobasaurus, Oriole2682 -> dedicated thread
March, 2014: NickHawkeye -> dedicated thread
April, 2014: Obb Shank, JStryker416 (others: Zyrixqi Yorik, doughboyee) -> dedicated thread
May, 2014: Top Dogs 360 -> dedicated thread
June, 2014: wtbuffs87, Xtowers -> dedicated thread
July, 2014: R56CooperS11, Seamonkeypowder -> dedicated thread
August, 2014: Jerith Geros, spankyNspronkle -> dedicated thread
September, 2014: acedawg4, ozbundyboy -> dedicated thread
October, 2014: Facial La Fleur, Kez001 -> dedicated thread
November, 2014: paintballgirl -> dedicated thread
December, 2014: BiggRigg, bigeasy97 -> dedicated thread
January, 2015: Kai Phoenix -> dedicated thread
February, 2015: Freamwhole, Watty8883 -> dedicated thread
March, 2015: hotcurls3088 -> dedicated thread
April, 2015: TheNyghty -> dedicated thread
May, 2015: JelliedBigfoot - > dedicated thread
June, 2015: Xtowers -> dedicated thread
July, 2015: Griffey95 -> dedicated thread
August, 2015: Lord Chabelo -> dedicated thread
September, 2015: ozbundyboy -> dedicated thread
October, 2015: zzUrbanSpaceman, HyruleBalverine -> dedicated thread
November, 2015: Rick Nasty 1187 -> dedicated thread
December, 2015: merricat sugar -> dedicated thread
January, 2016: Kbeau73 -> dedicated thread
February, 2016: Oriole2682 -> dedicated thread
March, 2016: nickhawkeye -> dedicated thread
April, 2016: JStryker416 -> dedicated thread
May, 2016: JelliedBigfoot -> dedicated thread
June, 2016: wtbuffs87 -> dedicated thread
July, 2016: R56CooperS11 ->dedicated thread
August, 2016: Jerith Geros ->dedicated thread
Last edited by zzUrbanSpaceman on Thu May 01, 2014 2:03 am, edited 33 times in total.
Medals: 38
Seasoned Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) 1000 posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Booster XXX (1) Monotonous Yet Diverse (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Brick Breaker (1) I've Covered Wars, You Know (1) Playing in the Sandbox (1) Human Polygraph (1) The Booster Seat (1) Top 10 (1) All Rounder 1 (1) Denied (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1)
Participation Puppy (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
42 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
102 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

zzUrbanSpaceman
Top Dawg

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 75160
Bank: 260,296.00
Australia

Re: Monthly Birthday Gamertag Challenge (meta thread)

Postby zzUrbanSpaceman » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:14 am

I am now taking suggestions for November's challenge.
Seasoned Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) 1000 posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Booster XXX (1) Monotonous Yet Diverse (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Brick Breaker (1) I've Covered Wars, You Know (1) Playing in the Sandbox (1) Human Polygraph (1) The Booster Seat (1) Top 10 (1) All Rounder 1 (1) Denied (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1)
Participation Puppy (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
42 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
102 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

zzUrbanSpaceman
Top Dawg

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Australia

Postby Shin Gatsurai » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:05 pm

Nice idea but I doubt I have games for some of the letters so I'll sit out.
ImageImageImage
Medals: 23
Experienced Hound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) Fortunate (1) 500 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Donor (1) Booster X (1) Boosting Medley (1) One For the Spartans (1) The Veteran (1) Colonel (1) Gat's Protige (1) I've Covered Wars, You Know (1) I Have The Need (1) Playing in the Sandbox (1) Made Man (1) The Booster Seat (1) For Albion! (1) Participation Puppy (1) To Do List Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
514 pcs.
63 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
31 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Shin Gatsurai
Top Dawg

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Cash on hand: 78495
Bank: 275,355.00
Great Britain

Postby Zyrixqi Yorik » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:39 pm

I would like to offer my tag for April.
Medals: 3
Haughty Hound (1) Benefactor (1) Gold Viral Gamer (1)
%s XBox Live Avatar

Zyrixqi Yorik
Yearling

Cash on hand: 5849
United States of America

Postby zzUrbanSpaceman » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:30 pm

Zyrixqi Yorik wrote:I would like to offer my tag for April.

:lol: Yours will be tough, but I like it!
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
42 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
102 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

zzUrbanSpaceman
Top Dawg

Australia

Postby Facial La Fleur » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:48 am

My birthday is October.
Medals: 55
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Broadcaster (1) Artist (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Best in Show (1) Haughty Hound (1) We Bet You're Smiling (1) 3000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) 6 Month Blogger (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) Inquiry (1) Guest Star (1) Community Cast Star (1) Contributor (1) Major Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster CCL (1) Eat, Sleep, Boost, Repeat (1) Had A Lil Help From My Friends (1)
Why Can't I Quit This Game? (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) The Veteran (1) Brick Breaker (1) A Real Hero (1) Love To Swipe (1) Yes, They're Brass (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) A True Jedi (1) PC Master Race (1) Denied (1) Gun Collector (1) Rarefied (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Free Falling (1) Scarred For Life (1) To Do List Participant (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
11 pcs.
68 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
392 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Facial La Fleur

Boosting Coordinator

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Cash on hand: 35629
Bank: 382,585.00
United States of America

Postby zzUrbanSpaceman » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:47 pm

Facial La Fleur wrote:My birthday is October.

You can have 2014. ;)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
42 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
102 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

zzUrbanSpaceman
Top Dawg

Australia

Postby zzUrbanSpaceman » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:04 pm

I am now looking for nominations for November's birthday challenge. If your birthday happens to fall in November, please shoot me a PM with your gamertag and the date so I can put it in the hat for consideration!
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
42 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
102 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

zzUrbanSpaceman
Top Dawg

Australia

Postby zzUrbanSpaceman » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:00 am

UPDATE: Rule change regarding numbers in gamertags:

7.) Numbers in a gamertag: There isn't enough coverage of games beginning with numbers to make it viable using the normal rules, so instead for every digit in a gamertag you need to find a game that has a number, ANY number, in the title somewhere. For example, if Eliteedawg420 were the gamertag for the month, for each of the numbers 4, 2 and 0 you would need unlock an achievement in games such as "11 Eyes Cross Over", "50 Cent: Blood on the Sand", "FIFA 14" or even "Dead of Alive 5". The only exception to this rule is you can't use the "8" from games with "(Win 8)" appended to the title on True Achievements.

This has no affect on current competition.

I have also shuffled the rules around a little to group together related rules, and colorised some of the rules people didn't realise had changed from Spanky's original contest. Bold text doesn't show up as well as I'd hoped it would.
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
42 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
102 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

zzUrbanSpaceman
Top Dawg

Australia

Postby DavidMcC1989 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:06 am

I should have thrown this out sooner, but I just thought of something else that you could do for the numbers in the gamertag. What if you were to give them the option of either the numbers that you mentioned or use the first letter of the word of the number (e.g. 4 = four, so you use the F for an achievement)
Medals: 26
New Hound on the Block (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Artist (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) 700 posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Booster XX (1) Are We Done Yet? (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Been there, Done that (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Puppy (1) To Do List Participant (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
104 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
72 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

DavidMcC1989
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 47567
Bank: 577,317.00
Ireland

Postby spankynspronkle » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:15 am

DavidMcC1989 wrote:I should have thrown this out sooner, but I just thought of something else that you could do for the numbers in the gamertag. What if you were to give them the option of either the numbers that you mentioned or use the first letter of the word of the number (e.g. 4 = four, so you use the F for an achievement)

I actually think this may be a better route to go. Not so much the option, but using F for 4 and T for 2... Or you could ask Mr. EDawg himself on how he would like it structured. Wouldn't want to cheat him out of the fun of doing: ELITE E DAWG FOUR TWENTY :lol:
Medals: 59
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Halfway There (1) Jackpot (1) Code Cracker (1) 3000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Month Long Informer (1) Intern Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Colonel Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Booster XX (1) Monotonous Yet Diverse (1)
May The Forza Be With You (1) The Booster Seat (1) Love To Swipe (1) First! (1) Deja Vu I (1) 30 Xbox One Completions (1) Denied (1) Eaglemaniac (1) Down, Fido (1) BFF (1) Sandwich Lover (1) Gun Hoarder (1) Points to Burn (1) Nothing Collector (1) The Collector (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Free Falling (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List Participant (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
22 pcs.
120 pcs.
10 pcs.
137 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

spankynspronkle

Community Manager

Cash on hand: 0
Bank: 735,002.00
United States of America

Postby zzUrbanSpaceman » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:50 pm

spankynspronkle wrote:
DavidMcC1989 wrote:I should have thrown this out sooner, but I just thought of something else that you could do for the numbers in the gamertag. What if you were to give them the option of either the numbers that you mentioned or use the first letter of the word of the number (e.g. 4 = four, so you use the F for an achievement)

I actually think this may be a better route to go. Not so much the option, but using F for 4 and T for 2... Or you could ask Mr. EDawg himself on how he would like it structured. Wouldn't want to cheat him out of the fun of doing: ELITE E DAWG FOUR TWENTY :lol:

I had considered going that route, but my concern was that this effectively limits digits to one of 7 letters (z, o, t, f, s, e, n), and 2 or 3 of those are the harder letters (z, o, e). Numbers are used in a lot of tags, particularly zeroes, so we'd start to make things much more difficult in the long run. I'd rather stick to the current rules for now and perhaps we can try the alternative set next month, if it's relevant.

The bonus contest for November might include kez001, and that would be kezzzo on top of the ftz (420) and the three e's we would already need for EliteEdawg420.
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
42 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
102 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

zzUrbanSpaceman
Top Dawg

Australia

Postby ozbundyboy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:06 am

zzUrbanSpaceman wrote:
spankynspronkle wrote:

I had considered going that route, but my concern was that this effectively limits digits to one of 7 letters (z, o, t, f, s, e, n), and 2 or 3 of those are the harder letters (z, o, e). Numbers are used in a lot of tags, particularly zeroes, so we'd start to make things much more difficult in the long run. I'd rather stick to the current rules for now and perhaps we can try the alternative set next month, if it's relevant.

The bonus contest for November might include kez001, and that would be kezzzo on top of the ftz (420) and the three e's we would already need for EliteEdawg420.

for the 0, you would have a "z" if you say zero or "n" if you say nought.
Medals: 48
Seasoned Hound (1) Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) Basset Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 4000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Booster CCL (1) Socialite (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Been there, Done that (1)
Brick Breaker (1) For Albion! (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Scarred For Life (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
155 pcs.
453 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

ozbundyboy

Community Manager

Cash on hand: 177055
Bank: 0.00
Australia

Postby Crandy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:47 am

Can we use games with numerals in the name such as GTA IV or Dawn of War II for the numbers or do they not count?
Medals: 16
Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) Amazonian (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 300 Posts (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) One For the Spartans (1) The Veteran (1) Gat's Protige (1) Love To Swipe (1) Big Daddy (1) Yes, They're Brass (1) Top 10 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
8 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Crandy
Progeny

Cash on hand: 6
Bank: 202,355.00
Korea North

Postby zzUrbanSpaceman » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:28 am

Crandy wrote:Can we use games with numerals in the name such as GTA IV or Dawn of War II for the numbers or do they not count?

No, they need to be actual digits, not Roman numerals. Good question though, I had considered it but thought allowing Roman numerals would add unnecessary complexity to the rules that are already fairly complicated.
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
42 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
102 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

zzUrbanSpaceman
Top Dawg

Australia

Postby zzUrbanSpaceman » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:44 pm

I'm looking for a January baby, any nominations?
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
42 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
102 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

zzUrbanSpaceman
Top Dawg

Australia

Postby Topdogs » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:34 pm

Comment for Dec thread.

These competitions/challenges are so cool. They get me playing games that have been sitting on the shelf for years. EliteEdawg 420 this month got me into Infinite Undiscovery and I love it.

What game will Dec and Chumpamama get me playing? I'm thinking Mortal Kombat but you never know.
Seasoned Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Amazonian (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Top Dog (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Literate (1) Haughty Hound (1) 1000 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Philanthropist (1) The Good Samaritan (1) Colonel Viral (1) Gold Viral Gamer (1) Booster I (1) May The Forza Be With You (1) Vidmaster (1) Consigliere (1)
Virtual Shelf:
45 pcs.
8 pcs.
1 pcs.
15 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
31 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Topdogs
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 9208
United States of America

Postby zzUrbanSpaceman » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:47 pm

Same here, the October one had me pulling out games I hadn't touched for years, and even diving new ones I'd had on the shelf for months.
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
42 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
102 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

zzUrbanSpaceman
Top Dawg

Australia

Postby Topdogs » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:25 am

I had an idea and even though you will probably laugh I still want to throw it out there. What if a gamer completed their whole list with only retail games. (Xbox One or 360) Could they get a second entry? Its very easy to download a arcade or WP3? (Phone games) for very little money. Compiling physical (or digital) retail games takes a little more work and I think is a little more of a challenge. Start laughing now :)
Seasoned Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Amazonian (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Top Dog (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Literate (1) Haughty Hound (1) 1000 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Philanthropist (1) The Good Samaritan (1) Colonel Viral (1) Gold Viral Gamer (1) Booster I (1) May The Forza Be With You (1) Vidmaster (1) Consigliere (1)
Virtual Shelf:
45 pcs.
8 pcs.
1 pcs.
15 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
31 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Topdogs
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 9208
United States of America

Postby Kez001 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:51 am

I try to do that...only recently got a Windows Phone...used it to get an achievement in Enigmo for last month. I used Zombie Wranglers and Zeno Clash Ultimate Edition for the z's in October...but I try to stick to retail titles anyway...and with used copies (especially with older games), it often comes out cheaper than buying an arcade title. I don't really think it's a horrible suggestion, but I think at this point we've got plenty of rules and restrictions and introducing new ones would just add confusion...just my opinion.
Medals: 45
Experienced Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) Amazonian (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Halfway There (1) Fortunate (1) 2000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Gift of Gab (1) The Year In Review (1) Contributor (1) Colonel Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster CL (1) Eat, Sleep, Boost, Repeat (1) Had A Lil Help From My Friends (1) Been there, Done that (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Brick Breaker (1) A Real Hero (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) Bethesdaholic (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1)
All Rounder 2 (1) Nothing Collector (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Viral Games Manager (1) To Do List Participant (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
22 pcs.
182 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
403 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Kez001
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 207785
Bank: 1,483,537.00
United States of America

Next

Return to Giveaways & Contests